Losing A Friend At A Young Age

When You Unexpectedly Lose A Friend At A Young Age, Your Life Changes Forever

It's OK to not be OK.

1011
Madison Skinner

Three years ago, I lost one of the best friends a girl could have.

Looking back now, I still don't understand why it was your time to go, but it was simply just that. And that was just something I had to get adapted to. It was definitely not easy to go to school after that, honestly, it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Losing you made me realize how short life really is.

We are only on this earth for a limited time, and there's no reason to waste it. I now try and make the most out of every situation I find myself in. I'm trying to make myself a better person and to eventually become the type of friend you were to me.

No matter how many years go by, I'll never forget you or the impact you've had on my life.

We were only in each other's lives for a few years, but you taught me so much in those short years we spent together. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be your friend, making me laugh after I failed a math test, and showing me that I deserve so much more than I thought I did.

Something I want others going through the loss of a friend to know is that you are allowed to grieve.

You are allowed to cry it out. You do not need to let yourself go to the point where you don't know who you are anymore. You do not need to lose your faith in God, this happened for a reason and it's not your fault. Do not blame God for taking your friend, it won't help you the least bit. I hope you find yourself again, once you get over the mountain.

I hope you smile when you look back on the memories you have with them.