I'm Doing College Living With 18 College Girls
College

Living With 18 College Girls Is Hard, Crazy, And The Best Experience I've Ever Had

It definitely has its pros and cons, but my semester with them has been the best experience.

387
friends
Mikayla McCombs

Living with 18 girls has been the best experience during my time so far in college. It's kind of crazy, and loud at times. But there are so many things to be thankful for from this experience. I, as well as others, can be annoyed by the times that many of us are loud. Or when not everyone cleans up after themselves. There's bickering at times. But the pros of living in this house overcome the cons so much. I know each of us is grateful to have had this experience.

It's honestly so much more eye-opening. A lot of people are nervous to live with multiple people, and it can be hard. Everyone has different living styles and that's okay! But for the most part, it works out. I think it's truthfully taught us all a little bit about communication. Which is extremely important for living with other people. It's important to learn and understand the living styles of other people. Some are naturally clean and clean up after themselves, some need an extra push. Some are naturally loud, and others you can't even tell they still live there. Some naturally stay up late, and others are in bed by nine every night. This will help us all for living with our friends in the future and the rest of college.

While learning about how everyone lives in their homes differently, sometimes we can put our differences aside. When someone is down or just needs a shoulder to cry on, there are 17 other people to call up or talk to.

The house is never dull.

There is always something going on.

Countless movie nights.

Multiple daily runs to get snacks or food.

Always someone to run to the gym with, or tanning, or to get coffee.

After a while, people start to learn each other's schedules, so when walking to class there's always someone to walk with. There's always someone to hang out with, it never gets boring when you have seventeen housemates. Someone to help out with all of your basic needs. Can't do eyeliner? Need help with a class? Maybe even a ride somewhere? They've got you covered. My personal favorite is seventeen other closets to browse that aren't my own! No one wears the same outfit twice. The only con of that is that I've lost track of the clothes I've let people borrow so I don't even know what I'm missing. There are even countless times that I've been doing my makeup, while someone else is curling my hair, and someone else is picking out my outfit for whatever we have planned.

Living within a house of 18 girls can be crazy, but it has truly been one of my favorite experiences in college so far. I'm sad to see the semester come to an end, but I'm thankful for the amazing friendships I have gained from this.