How To Live A Happy Life, The Only Life I Want To Live
Friendships

Living a happy life is the only life I want to live.

254
Alex Camerlengo

Living a happy life is the key to living a successful life. I feel as if people get so caught up in certain things that they forget how to really LIVE. Being happy is so important and some people forget about it so often. Here are a few tips on how to live a happy life.

Always Look At The Bright Side

unsplash.com

This can be hard to do, but once you try, it makes a big difference. There is always a bright side to every situation. If there wasn't, no one would make it out of these situations alive. As hard as life may get, I promise you that something good is coming. As long as you stay hopeful and positive, nothing can bring you down.

Take Risks

Leap of Faith

unsplash.com

Take a leap of faith! I'm not saying you have to jump out of a plane, but going outside your comfort zone will open you up to so many amazing things. It leads to meeting new people, trying new foods, and seeking amazing opportunities that you never dreamed of. Every risk that you take, you will fail and learn from it, or you will succeed and be happy! Either way, it is worth the chance.

Follow Your Heart

unsplash.com

Don't let anybody tell you 'no' or that you can't do something, because you can! The best feeling is proving the people that doubted you wrong. Chase your dreams no matter how big they are, and never stop believing in yourself. If you stop believing in yourself, then who is going to believe in you? If you have your heart set on something, then go after it! I hate seeing people change their mind about something because someone else bashed their opinion or belief. Trust yourself and stay true to yourself!

Don't Be Afraid to Stand Out

unsplash.com

Embrace who you are! Don't be afraid to be different, because being different is good. Why would you want to act like everyone else when you can be yourself? If you want to wear bright yellow crocs, then do it! Who cares what anyone else thinks, as long as you're happy with yourself, then that's all that matters.

Surround Yourself With The Right People

Alex Camerlengo's Facebook

Surround yourself with people that bring out the best version of you and strive to make you a better person. The people you surround yourself with are your biggest life influencers; you are going to act like them if you are around them all the time. So make sure you are picking friends that you want to be more like and motivate you. My friends are my biggest life supporters and I don't know what I would do without them. They accept me for who I am and love me unconditionally no matter what. They are the root of my happiness.

Don't Stress The Little Things

unsplash.com

I can't emphasize this enough. Why stress about the things that aren't going to matter a week from now? This has been my biggest struggle, but I am finally starting to understand it and accept things the way they are. If I get worried about anything that is happening, I just sit and calmly think about how this is not going to matter down the road. It is like getting a bad grade in a class- it is not going to be the end of the world, you tried your best, live and learn from it. There is really no way to fix stressing out about the little things in life, you just have to accept that it is what it is, and you will get through it.

Enjoy Now

Alex Camerlengo's Facebook

Enjoy the time you have now. Listen to good music, watch the sunset, pay for that $5 coffee that you so desperately want, treat yourself, tell people you love them, ride with the windows down, take a road trip, eat a piece of cake, read as many books as you can, and enjoy the time you have now. Live in the moment, and don't stress about the things that you can't change. We need to take advantage of these beautiful little moments because before we know it, it will be gone. So love the life you live, and don't take it for granted.