Little Mix is VERY Underrated

Little Mix Is The Best Of Their Time, Fight Me On It

When it comes to each other we should be bringing each other up not down.

165

When it comes to music, I tend to like any artist/band that has a catchy song/tune and who has a great message through their lyrics. I like music that I can dance to and relate to. For me, Little Mix is one of those bands that has it all for me, they're one of the many. I enjoy their music and I love the messages they have within their music.

Let me take you back, back to 2011 where it all began for them. It started on the X Factor, UK edition. The band members are Jade, Jesy, Perrie, and Leigh-Ann all of which audition as solo artists. However, they ended up being put in groups of four; Jesy and Perrie were in a group and Leigh-Ann and Jade were in another. The judges then called them back and put them in a group with one another, the judges had asked if they thought they would be able to work together. This creating Little Mix, well at the time they were Rythmix.

Despite the amount of doubt they had received about being a girl band on the X Factor, let alone being a girl band at all, they won the X Factor. They were the first girl group in the shows eight-year history to make it pass through the seventh live show, let alone winning overall. Many people believed they wouldn't last as long as each other group. It seems girl bands/groups have a reputation of only lasting a few years and then breaking up. However, Little Mix has lasted at least eight years and they are still going strong as well as a lot of great songs to come from it.

My favorite part of Little Mix, you know besides from their music, is how they are with each other. Despite being formed into a band when they didn't know each other at all they've become great friends. They've helped each other through breakups, bullying and helping their fans through their music.

Breakups are hard everyone knows this, but it's always a little easier to get over when you have your friends there for you who will help you get over that guy/girl. The girls from L.M. are no different from any of us when they go through a breakup, the only real difference is that theirs is all over social media. However, they have each other and they do help one another get over it and they avoid questions during interviews saying that they don't want to talk about it.

An example of this is when Perrie had gone through her break up from Zayne (a member of One Direction). They were doing a performance and during one of the songs Perrie broke down in tears during her part. Without thinking twice about it all three of the girls surrounded her with a hug as the crowd shouts "We love you, Perrie." They don't let each other go through it alone. During interviews, they won't talk about it at all or anything they don't want to talk about really. They'll try and make jokes to lighten the mood and sometimes it goes well and other times it just seems like an awkward situation.

They help each other through the hard times as well. For instance, in the beginning, during their X Factor day, Jesy was getting bullied online about her weight. Jade was there for her to talk to and to reassure her that she is beautiful. To send a message to their fans telling them they are beautiful just how they are just wasn't enough for them. No, L.M. wrote songs to help spread the word to reassure their fans such as; "Wings", "Change Your Life", and "Salute" to just name a few. To help get over breakups they put out songs like; "Shout out to me Ex" and "No more sad songs".

Their songs are so empowering and strong that I can't help but love them. I love how they became fast friends and how they are with each other. They don't let the rumors get to them or the haters. Everyone always thinks that they are in some kind of fight with one another if one of them isn't in a picture with the others. However, that just isn't the case they love each other and love what they do, they have denied the rumors and has said on numerous occasions that they are not breaking up and that they have so much love for one another.

Yes, I love Little Mix and I don't care what people think about me because of this. Their music is great and they are great women. They are doing great for themselves and I believe they will continue to so and that they are here to stay. However, I can not and will not pick a favorite song as that is to difficult for me to do. I love all of their songs for different reasons. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for these four powering women.