Lessons Learned From Studying Abroad

Lessons I Learned From Studying Abroad

Studying abroad truly is a life-changing experience.

248
Lessons I Learned From Studying Abroad
Norma Penton

This past semester I studied abroad in London, England. I had so many wonderful experiences and met some lovely people. This opportunity led to the realization of many life lessons and I could never take this experience for granted. Here are a few of the most significant findings from my journey.

1. Life is so much more fun when you don't care what people think

Everyone realizes this in their own way but honestly this is one of ultimate keys of happiness.

2. Not everyone is going to like you and that's okay

You're better off without them.

3. Take risks; Some opportunities may not reoccur

Breaking the rules once in a while can pay off. Trust me.

4. Don't be naive--not everything is as it seems

You're not the only one going through ups and downs. Life happens for everyone.

5. Sometimes you just need to let things be--trying too hard to fix some things will only make them worse

Some things will fix themselves better than you're capable of doing.

6. Kindness is the most important quality in a person

The only thing someone should be judged on is the size of their heart.

7. Dreams don't work unless you do 

You've got to work the hardest for the things you want the most.

8. You must truly love yourself before you can love anyone else

This is one of those things that no one wants to admit but it couldn't be any truer.

9. Stop and take a moment to realize how far you've come 

You'll appreciate it all much more in the end.

10. Hold your head high and don't stress over every mistake 

Everyone is human and no human is perfect.

11. Live your life for YOU, not anyone else

It's your life after all.

12. In threatening situations, try your hardest not to panic

Remain as calm as you can and try to keep your head clear.

13. So much of what you think is overthought

You're the only one beating yourself up for that minor incident.

14. There will be many things in life that you'll desperately want but can't have

And sometimes there's just nothing you can do about it.

15. The sooner you learn to laugh off your mistakes and learn from them, the better

Some funny mistakes make for interesting stories!

16. Everything does actually happen for a reason

Probably one of the hardest lessons to learn, but also probably one of the truest.