Letters To My Loved Ones

This article is a condensed version of something I wrote a couple of years ago. I was never the type to write just for the fun of it, but occasionally I would be inspired or experience a tough time that would compel me to write. This is an example of one of those times. When I began writing this, it was during a time I was feeling a lack of love and I wanted to create something I could later show my loved ones in case they ever felt a lack of love themselves. I recently finished the lengthy editing process to make it more current, so I thought maybe it would be worth publishing a little snippet for them all to see if they choose to read it.

To my parents: My rocks. Each of you played a vastly different role in my life and I don't know where I'd be without you both. There's no doubt in my mind that I am the reason behind all the premature grey hairs. One day when I'm a licensed realtor, I'll find you the perfect place to put your tiny home as payment for dealing with my sass all these years.

To my little brother: Our friendship is a rollercoaster, one day it will be consistent, but for now, it stays a crazy mess. From all the snitching, yelling, rejected hugs, and good talks, we have created a pretty nice relationship overall and it continues to grow each day. I hope you make it into the NHL one day and I hope you stay away from girls as long as possible, preferably until your 30's. They're trouble. Xoxo, Big Sis.

To my best friend: My sister from another mister. We have been BFF's since the womb and that's a crazy thing to comprehend. You are the sole reason my love for Disney remains so strong. I forever wish Tucson could've been my forever home, but long distance has never had anything on us. Disney is practically my backyard now, so come to visit soon. I've been in need of a rope drop to park close on 0 sleep Disney day.

To my first love: The most unexpected of them all. You came into my life during a time I was simultaneously at my highest & lowest. I had entered a new, scary chapter in my life and that's when you waltzed in. I firmly believe you are a huge reason as to why I am who I am today, and for that I thank you. Even now you inspire me to be better than I was the day before. You are a light & I'm so grateful you choose to share that brightness with me.

To my ex: Not too much to say here, but I want to thank you for breaking me down so I could build myself back up into a stronger, wiser woman. I learned more about life & myself with you than I ever would have on my own, so as painful as those couple years were, I do believe they were necessary. I wish you nothing but the best.

To my teachers: Some of you were fantastic, some of you were lacking, and some of you tested my patience beyond belief, but each of you taught me something different (and I don't mean just the subjects you were supposed to teach). I believe we all get the teachers we are meant to have, whether we like them or not. Every single one has something special to offer and I took something away from all of you. A lot of my character was developed because of y'all and I am so thankful for that.

To all others I love: There are so many, but whether you remain in my life to this day or were only seasonal, I have so much thanks & respect for you all. I've shared so many happy, sad, and memorable moments with y'all and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.