Letter to your Rho Chi During Rush
College Greek

Dear Rho Chi, Here's The Thank You Letter You Deserve, But Probably Never Got

Although you're really only under their grasp for a week, your Rho Chi's have the potential to be a mentor and friend for life. So whether it was running away from them on Bid Day to your new home or through a disappointing phone call in your room, if you never got a chance to say thank you, this one is for you.

157

Dear Rho Chi,

It may seem a little much since it was only a week, but for some of us, rush has been a dream waiting to happen our whole lives. For those growing up in the South, it's making friends from across the country and finding those people that make for a perfect home away from home, and that includes you. From playing songs on the stereo and jamming out on the hot breaks between houses, or always having a smile on your face when we entered and exited the houses, thank you is not enough.

Personally, I've gone through rush twice and had two different Rho Chis in my small group and 10 in my groups total. Every PNM and friend that I've talked to said they probably could not have gotten through the week without the aid and guidance of their Rho Chi. Going to dinner after a long day on the row, even though it's not required, just because they want to socialize with you and answer all your 50 questions about sororities and the university or offering buying you Starbucks and talk after they had to make that dreaded phone call early in the morning that you got dropped means more than you know. So thanks Rho Chi, for taking off your letters and giving them to us for a week, we can't wait to maybe one day give back to rushees like you gave to us.

Sincerely,

Your forever PNM