A Letter To 2017

A Letter To 2017

Be the year we need.

56
A Letter To 2017

Dear 2017,

I think we can all agree that 2016 let us down in one way or another. Trump got elected president, Harambe was murdered, Alan Rickman died, and there were countless terrorist attacks around the world. So I have a hope for you, 2017. Please do not let this year be filled with hate and disappointment. Instead let it be a year of happiness and joy around the world. Please don't allow another weather-related tragedy strike or let more globally beloved celebrities die. Please relieve the hate that encompassed 2016. Please be the year we all were hoping 2016 would be.

Let this be the year that ISIS and other threats end their ways. Let this be the year everyone realizes their self worth. Let this be the year where no person is enslaved or owned by another. Let this be the year we make incredible medical breakthroughs. Let this be the year where every homeless dog and cat finds a loving home. Let this be a year where we look back and wish it wasn't ending. I know it's a lot to ask, but given the year we just had, I think we deserve happier times.

So please, 2017, hear my request. Give us a break, and be the year we need. Please.

All my best,
A hopeful little girl