Let's Make America Great Again

Let's Make America Great Again

No, Donald, this is not about you.

15
Let's Make America Great Again
Instagram

On behalf of the recent victims of violence, disrespect and just downright wrongdoing in America... Actually, no, on behalf of all of America, I feel the need to say something. Something that this country needs to hear. Something that this country needs to realize and shape up about.

We are in this together. T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R!

Or at least we are supposed to be. This is the United States of America for crying out loud. We were built on unity and notion of being free, but where has that gone?

Violence has become such a regular occurrence in our country that it's almost as if it's expected. Isn't that sad?

Isn't it sad that our country is constantly at battle within our own lines?

Isn't it sad that we are more than likely closer to a civil war than a war with another country?

Isn't it sad that Black Lives Matter is even a thing or that members of the LGBT community are still out here trying to prove themselves to the world?

Isn't it sad that people say they don't want kids because they don't feel comfortable raising them in this world? Isn't that sad?

Isn't it sad that political campaigns pit loved ones against each other?

Why are being even still being raised on the notion that someone else's life is to be judged or disrespected?

Why is it that negative news is the first thing that spreads rather than happy stories?

Why is negativity the drug that this country is constantly craving?

Isn't it sad that we live in a country that has turned out like this?

This country has become so overwhelmingly sad to me. The notion of unity has been swept completely out of the window. No one is in this together. You have your people that are anti-guns, your people for guns, you have your racist, your accepting people that love everyone for who they are, your religious, you have your ignorant, you have your brilliant—and the list continues on, but most of all, we have people with all different opinions.

People whose opinions matter. People who shouldn't feel like their neighbor is going to react in the wrong way because of something they said or did or how they live their life. What happened to having a little respect for every person you meet? Isn't that how we were all raised?

I know that's how I was raised. I was raised to be accepting, loving, patient and open-minded to all. I was raised that this was the land of the free and the home of the brave, but the bravest thing I see anyone doing is absolutely nothing but complain about any and every thing they can on Facebook.

So I beg of you all, make a stand. Don't join in an effort to divide people or create further issues. Because as of right now, America's disregard to respect itself is becoming our own downfall. The downfall that can possibly lead to our overall self destruction.

So do better, America, because we're all we've got. Let's make America great again.