The Length Of Your Friendship Doesn't Determine Its Strength
Friendships

The Length Of Your Friendship Doesn't Determine The Strength Of The Friendship

It makes me hopeful about the future since you never know who you'll meet and how it'll change your life.

1017

I had a crazy thought the other day about how I met the people that are in my life today and the fact that I met them not even a year ago. Most of the friends I made this semester were through a mutual friend so the craziness of becoming their friend wasn't as big of a deal. It seemed that becoming friends was inevitable. The friendship that boggles me the most is the friend that I made in calc class. I asked him if he remembered how we met and he doesn't recall either. All I remember is that the class required us to work in groups together and that we happened to sit near each other.

From there, we would say hi to each other from time to time, but didn't really get that close until we texted and bonded about how difficult classes were. We just clicked and we talk every day now. The odds of us meeting added to my enchantment of how things came together for us to be friends.

Originally, I wasn't even in the calc class he was in. I switched in last minute since that class fit my schedule better than the one I was in prior. Lecture halls are also enormous so the fact we sat near each other is a feat in itself.

Merely months ago I didn't even know he existed and now talking to him is something I do routinely. It makes me hopeful about the future since you never know who you'll meet and how it'll change your life. I feel like I've known him for years when in reality I've only known him for a few months. Although it may seem like your friend group is solidified and that you won't make any friends that are as close to you as the friends you made when you were younger, people can and will surprise you.

I've been told that the friends you make in college because you have the same class disappear once that class is over. I was afraid that would happen to and him once the semester ended, but lo and behold he's still there for me. He definitely made this semester a lighter burden to carry and I'll always be thankful that life brought us together.

From Your Site Articles