9 Things I Learned While Suffering From Acne
Beauty Fashion

Tips for acne sufferers!

199
https://pixabay.com/en/acne-pores-skin-pimple-female-1606765/

Lots of people suffer from acne time to time, it is a part of growing up, but here are a few tips and tricks I've learned while dealing with acne.

Do Not Touch Your Face

This may seem like common sense, but a lot of us have nervous ticks where we do touch our faces, whether it is with our hands, phones or others touching our faces. This gets dirt and oils clogged up in your pores and can either give you more acne or increase redness.

Find Your Routine

Everyone's Acne is different, so the best thing you can do is try different products or consult a dermatologist to figure out what works best for you

Be Careful With Exfoliates

Some Exfoliates can actually cause more acne because of the size of the beads in the cleanser, so be careful with which one you use.

Use The Right Primer for Your Skin Type

Any of us that wear makeup know that sometimes though it covers your makeup, it can sometimes clog your pores, you need to use one that matches your skin type so it won't irritate your skin. OR do not wear makeup at all, giving your skin a break is super beneficial to your skin

Change Your Pillow Cases Once A Week

Dirt and Oils can end up on places you never think of. Change your pillow cases once a week allows your skin to breath in the place where it is supposed to, without clogging them.

Sometimes the Best Thing You Can Do is Relax

Stress acne is a very big issue with teenagers and sometimes the best thing you can do is just take a deep breath and give yourself a mental health day to really focus on yourself.

Make Sure When You Use A Face Mask It Is One For Your Skin Type

Similar to primers, sometimes face masks can make your skin worse depending on if the formulation is good for your skin type, I recommend Freeman Masks, They are great for all skin types and label which you should use depending on your skin.

You Are Not Alone

When you have Acne you wonder to yourself, why me? The best thing to realize is that everyone goes through it, the severity may be different but at one time or another everyone understands the struggle of acne. Reminding yourself that you are not alone and can do this helps you understand your skin better and to not hyper-focus on it.

Do Not Risk Your Own Health to Get Rid of Your Acne

Some pills or medicines like Accutane are meant to cure acne, but come with severe side effects including...

https://www.rxlist.com/accutane-side-effects-drug-...

So if you do decide to go the pill route, please be careful and do your research before considering.