Report this Content
With finals and move-out just around the corner, my freshman year of college is almost at its end. Being out of state, I was immediately thrown into an environment with minimal knowledge of what the next months would entail. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.
However, there are some things that I wish I would've known going in. In the long run, I learned which made for some interesting times this year as well as some good memories. R.I.P freshman year of college, you were an interesting one.
1. You're here for school.
2. School is hard.
3. Dining Hall food gets old fast.
4. You'll make a lot of meals in your dorm.
5. Showering and eating are harder in college.
6. So is working out.
7. Walking to class is an excuse not to go to the rec.
8. You'll learn a little too much about your roommate.
9. You will officially take advantage of naps.
10. You will probably become incredibly stressed out.
11. You will always thank yourself for buying snacks.
12. The Freshman 15 is real but avoidable.
13. College isn't what you see on social media.
14. You will miss your Mom.
15. And your friends.
16. And probably your pets and your bed.
17. You will re-wear outfits instead of washing quite frequently.
18. You will get homesick.
19. Don't take an 8 AM.
20. Don't take a night class.
21. Professors aren't always understanding.
22. You'll meet a ridiculous amount of people.
35. Free printing? Yes, please.
36. DONT BUY BOOKS UNLESS YOU NEED TO
37. You will not have as much alone time.
38. Find a routine, and stick to it.
39. Call your family frequently.
40. Take advantage of your time at home.
41. Don't pack that many T-Shirts.
42. You'll get a lot of free stuff (i.e. T-Shirts).
43. Don't pass up on an opportunity.
44. Make conversation in the elevator.
45. Treat Yo Self.
46. DO EXTRA CREDIT.
47. Study, but remember to sleep.
48. You'll Watch A Ridiculous Amount Of Netflix.
49. Popcorn will set off the fire alarm.
50. Getting out of your comfort zone is worth it.
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.