Should I go to NC State?

12 Signs That You Know You Go To NC State

Proud to be a member of the Pack!!!

42

Everyone loves to show pride in their school, especially NC State students.

So here are some things that most, if not all, members of the Wolfpack Nation are familiar with.

1. You love Howling Cow ice cream.

Nothing beats getting a scoop or two (or a whole pint) of some ice cream that was made strictly out of the dairy products from our own university.

2. You understand the struggle of waiting forever to get Cookout.

The Cookout drive-thru and line at the window standing outside are always both crowded when it comes to late night food runs. Let's be honest though, Cookout always tastes better after 11 pm.

3. You own A LOT of red.

From free t-shirts, to other clothes you buy, water bottles, cups, etc. you will find that 50% or more of what you own will have red on it.

4. You’ve tripped on a brick.

Some people call NC State a "pile of bricks", because almost everywhere you look is brick. This "pile of bricks" is special though because it is home to you and the rest of the Wolfpack family. However, you would be lying if you say that you have never been tripped up by a brick during your time here.

5. You know every word to the Red & White Song and the Alma Mater.

Who doesn't love to scream "Go to hell, Carolina" every time that the Red & White song is played???

6. You heart fills with happiness when you see the Belltower is red.

"Light it Red!" is a saying you become very familiar with during your time at NC State. Seeing the Belltower lit up in red means a Wolfpack win and a Wolfpack win means happiness.

7. Packapalooza.

You always attend and enjoy this large event kicking off the start of fall classes. It is always a great event to attend with a new friend or friends you haven't seen all summer to start the semester off with a bang. There are always many food trucks, club representatives, Belltower tours, and more.

8. You participate in or volunteer for the Krispy Kreme Challenge.

Thousands of NC State students and people from all across the country come to NC State every February for this race. The route starts at the Bell Tower leads two and a half miles to Krispy Kreme where you eat a dozen doughnuts and then comes the two and a half miles back. The goal is to do this in under an hour competitively or at your own pace non-competitively.

9. The infamous Court of Carolinas snowball fight.

If it happens to snow during the year and classes are cancelled it is always a lot of fun to make your way over the the Court of Carolinas will there will most likely be a giant snowball fight underway.

10. You remember to wear red every day during Homecoming week.

Every day during the week of Homecoming "Wear Red Get Fed", happens in different locations around campus where you can swipe your student ID to get free food just because you are wearing red.

11. You know that the first thing to do at Rec Fest is to run to the back where the free t-shirts are.

Every year there is a super long line to get onto Miller fields for Rec Fest and every the free t-shirts given out run out super quickly. The best tip for getting one is to arrive early and run across the field to the back where the t-shirts are given out.

12. You know to book study rooms in advance.

Group study rooms available to reserve in both Hunt and D.H. Hill libraries are very hard to come by during the semester. The reservation slots open a week in advance and tend to fill up quite quickly, especially right before and during finals weeks.