Unique Ways to Celebrate Birthdays
Family Friends

Unique Ways to Celebrate Birthdays

Can we revolutionize the way we celebrate birthdays?

26
Unique Ways to Celebrate Birthdays

Here is a fact: birthday parties are stressful. Here is another: most of them won't even be remembered. Birthdays are such a special time to celebrate each other and children, but I believe that there can be better ways to show the birthday kid, friend, sister, or significant other that you care a whole lot about them. Here are some unique ideas that you can use to celebrate the next birthday in your home, at your school or with your friends.

The Birthday Corner
Choose an empty or barren corner in your home, dorm or apartment to designate as the official birthday corner and reserve it for celebrating! The night before a birthday, spend time decorating the walls and places special memories and gifts in this space. This is such a fun surprise for anyone to come down to the morning of their birthday! Change up your theme every year for a unique yet familiar tradition. This can also be a fun time to get other friends, family members or children involved.

Gift Experiences
Gifts can be beautiful expressions of love, but even more, a chance to experience something meaningful can show someone that you care deeply. Spending genuine time with someone is a great way to make them feel loved. Surprise them with a trip to the beach, a picnic, a nice dinner or something more unique like a lantern festival for the avid Disney lover. These experiences are likely to instill wonderful memories and strengthen any relationship.

Let Them Choose
Birthday's are the one day a year that is all about the person that you are celebrating. This can be a perfect time to let them plan their perfect day. Have they always wanted to go kayaking? Try to find a local kayaking activity that you can both enjoy together. This type of planning can be especially fun to do with kids. Give them control over their birthday meals, let them wear pajamas all day if they want, have a baking party - the options are limitless.

Get Others Involved
Turning birthdays into a time where people come together to celebrate one person is a great way to show them that you care. Involve brothers and sisters in picking out gifts for the birthday kid. Gather notes of love from grandparents, friends, teachers, aunts or cousins and present them to the birthday kid. Spend time over dinner or cake talking about things that everyone loves about them.

Involving people in someone's birthday in small ways without throwing a large party, letting the birthday person of honor make significant decisions and giving them experiences versus just presents can be great ways to show them how much you love them in unique ways. Let's revolutionize how we celebrate birthdays!