Justice & Peace

Justice & Peace

The two key things that the world needs to move forward.

20
Justice & Peace
Google

Pain. Disappointment. Shame. The words are endless to describe what the nation is feeling. I don’t even know where to begin. The list of victims being murdered by police officers keeps growing and growing. The retaliation against police officers keeps rising and rising. When will it end? When will the bloodshed and the body count be enough? When can we even get a glimpse off the horizon where we can begin to have hope for peace? I am tired. Indeed I am very troubled and superbly outraged, but I am mentally and emotionally tired of hearing about another life being ripped away. People die every day. That’s bad enough, but to kill people unnecessarily? I want to say this world has progressed from slavery and inequality, but now I think we were just living under a mask all these years. I am tired of hearing another person getting shot and then turn around in twenty four hours and someone else is gone. The only thing that keeps me sane is the thought of them in a better place.

I am tired of trying to explain why black lives matter. I am tired of seeing people try to explain why black lives matter. I am exhausted of black lives matter being related to a terrorist movement. With the inequality in our justice system, a lot of people are being unnecessarily killed and those individuals happen to be black. Therefore, we are just stating how black lives matter too. Due to the fact that we are seen in an unfair light, we are giving power to the color of skin. Now this in no way shape or fashion means that all lives don’t matter because all lives do matter; however, all lives aren’t being taken. And the fact that some people can’t grasp that fact is beyond me. People are getting tired of hearing another name. Hearing another shot and finding someone to blame. I stand to say that violence should not end with violence. If others want to be violent, move forward peaceful and just. Even though everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it certainly does not mean you can make someone listen to you. You cannot justify how another person feels. You may think it is wrong however you like but don’t let yourselves get worked up over someone’s opinion. Others want you to get angry, but don’t let them have dominion over you. I believe it’s the devil at work and most people may not believe it but we all cannot have un-forgiveness in our hearts. We need to make this world better for the next generation and many more to come. And it all starts with you.

My sisters and brothers I cherish you. And I am not just talking about my race, I mean you. I do not care about the color of your skin or what your religious base is. Every individual that sits here and read this article, believe in me. I cherish you. I think I try my best to be who God calls out for me to be. I’ve learned that you must love and forgive everyone, even you’re enemies. Therefore, I love all my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. I don’t mean to offend anyone if you’re not religious, but just know your life matters to me. With the predicament that this world is in, I wholeheartedly believe that we need Jesus now more than ever. I charge you to tell your loved ones that you love them at every chance you get.