Joe Brown's Podcast “Creator of Circumstance” Aims to Motivate and Inspire Entrepreneurs

Joe Brown wanted to entertain people while also teaching valuable lessons

24

When Joe Brown isn't leading DearDoc – a company that offers cloud-based software solutions to reinvent the way new patients meet their doctor – he also hosts the podcast "Creator of Circumstance," through which his primary goal is to motivate entrepreneurs as they set off on their own leadership journey.

"I wanted to entertain people while also teaching valuable lessons and providing inspiration and best leadership practices," he said. "That's why I share my own life stories on the podcast - I find that people respond better to those kinds of stories, and they mean more to me too."

In quick-hit, under 10-minute episodes, Brown gives listeners insights into the mindsets that have helped top entrepreneurs, executives, athletes and more find success. Whether it's a story about leadership and team growth from his own experiences or a breakdown of some of the best strategies that make great leaders, Brown makes sure each episode is packed with value for his listeners.

"For me, it's about thinking through what I wish I'd known when I started off and imparting that knowledge," he said. "I'm very lucky to have had a lot of mentors in my life who helped me through these challenges. I'd like to show up for others in the same way."

Brown doesn't just draw on his experience as a CEO and founder; he also speaks from his years of experience as a salesperson and offers coaching on referral processes, customer retention and more. Brown said recording the podcast enables him to reflect on himself and his leadership, and identify areas by focusing on his mistakes and actions to grow as a leader.

"When I'm talking about the mistakes I've made or things I have done, it encourages me," he said. "It makes me think of how my choices impact others around me so I can become an even better team leader."