The Fishie Bois: An Introduction

Introducing The Fishie Bois

As if they needed any further introduction...

171
Introducing The Fishie Bois
Kimberly Lawton

It was obvious from the first night the Fishie Bois came home that they were all extremely unique individuals. When we were initially picking out our fish we had specific criteria. First and foremost they must be colorful. Secondly and nearly as important as being able to have more than one fish in the tank. The ultimate goal was to be able to see the fish from anywhere in the room and to ensure that they had enough company to socialize and be happy. When you have one fish in a tank it is important to keep them mentally stimulated otherwise there is a high chance of them becoming depressed. The last thing we wanted was depressed fish, therefore, we knew from the get-go we had to size our fish to our tank to allow for at least two.

Charlie (Charles)

Kimberly Lawton

Charlie has the most personality in the tank. He loves to chase his own reflection as well as the other fish in the tank. He has also been known to run into the side of the tank from time to time. Most games of tag he initiates and sometimes he starts "King of the Hill" by accident more than anything else.

Darwin

Kimberly Lawton

Darwin is just Darwin. He is an extremely neutral Fishie Boy. He will play or just chill. He doesn't do much besides go with the flow.

Lewis

Kimberly Lawton

Lewis is perhaps the shyest of the Fishie Bois, he likes to stay in the all grass at the back of the tank. Most times he swimming back and forth slowly through the grass. It is reminiscent of Marlin teaching Nemo how to exit the anemone in the morning.

Clark

Kimberly Lawton

Although he is the smallest of the Fishie Bois he is by far the most powerful. He is a ring leader of sorts and loves to be in control. His favorite game is "King of the Tank."

We absolutely love having our Fishy Bois and have the best of times watching them zoom around the tank. Some of their favorite group activities besides eating together at meals include playing tag, "king of the tank", and "this is my spot." Tag is pretty self-explanatory, its every fish for themselves until all the Fishie Bois are tuckered out. "King of the Tank" is more Clark and Charlie's favorite game because at various times they chase the other Fishie Bois to one side of the tank or the other. Charlie is more likely to back down and let everyone on to "his" side of the tank, Clark, on the other hand, loves to maintain control over as much of the tank as possible for as long as possible. "This is my spot" normally is played by Lewis and Clark who will pick a spot on either side of the tank and just stay there.

Fishy Boy Update:

They have started swimming as a school and it is the most amazing event to date. Although games of tag are still common, the Fishy Boys have become s much more unified group of explorers. They now rule the tank together, following Charlie. That was the most surprising part of this new development. No one expected Charliee to end up leading the group but he seems to be doing a great job thus far.