'Instagram Playgrounds' Are The Interactive Art Exhibits We Didn't Know We Needed
Social Media

This pop-up exhibit is the art museum that allows for its visitors to interact with the art they are seeing, something we need to bring back our creativity in this world.

39

If you are not familiar with the rising idea of "Instagram Playgrounds," they are practically interactive pop-up exhibits full of different pleasing and photo-worthy settings. These exhibits may show up in some of the major cities, such as New York City or Los Angeles, filling once vacant buildings for a limited time only. The intent of this is to be a more interactive, user-friendly version of the typical art museums.

To me, "Instagram Playgrounds" are the new art exhibits for more modern times. While typical art museums and exhibits are vital in our society, these playgrounds are keeping up with the world we are currently living in. For some, classic art museums are beautiful and interesting, but the interactive nature of these "Instagram Playgrounds" allow for visitors to actually feel as though they are a part of this art they are surrounding themselves with. It makes us feel as though we are apart of something bigger than simply looking at art created by someone else.

As much as some of us want to act like social media and the internet should not be such a big part of our lives, it is whether we like it or not. This "Instagram Playground" plays the perfect role in mixing real-life experience with that social media urge we all hold. Photo opportunities, aesthetic, and even just the name itself all combine in a way that attracts a large portion of people. It is a form of artistic expression that fits with the current trends of modern times.

While this idea has been out in the open for multiple months, it seems to be remaining unknown by a large portion of people. In this upcoming year, I can only hope this idea takes off more and becomes more of a prominent feature in today's world. It is an exhibit that gives its visitors the chance to be included in the art they find themselves surrounded in. Creativity needs to become more expressed in our current society and these "Instagram Playgrounds" may be the key in doing so.