Kim Petras Was One Of The Best Concerts I Have Experienced

WooAhh!

17

At the beginning of the semester, I opened a friends Snapchat story. The Snapchat was of him and his friend singing along to a very catchy song. So, I whip out my trusty (and sometimes glitchy) Shazam app and record the song that was playing. The result was Personal Hell by Kim Petras. I am constantly looking for current pop music that isn't bad, and Kim's music, I would say, is some of the best in the pop scene.

Then I opened Spotify and listened to Personal Hell. I found myself re-opening the Spotify app regularly to listen to this one song because of how amazing it was. I started to listen to Kim's album towards the end of September, and by the end of October, I knew every word to every song on her newest album titled Clarity.

Kim's music and persona screams pop excellence. Her vocal range and ability are extremely impressive which is something that lacks in most pop stars images.

With the release of her new album came a tour. My friends and I bought tickets and saw her at The Fillmore in Philadelphia. Everything about the concert was extravagant in the best way possible. From the outfit changes to the set design, the concert was an amazing experience. Kim's vocals were top-notch and her breath control and vocal agility blew me away.

So, if you have the chance to see Kim Petras, do it!