To the friend who told me to look in the mirror

To The Old Friend Who Told Me To Take A Look In The Mirror

You made me see exactly what I needed to see.

242
Kate Moore

Firstly, thank you.

Thank you for demanding me to do something that I needed to do for a while, look in the mirror.

You said this as an insult. You wanted me to be aware of the horrible person you thought I was. You told me to look in the mirror to see what I have become, and I did just that.

Thanks to you, I was able to look in the mirror and be relieved, that I was me and that I was not you.

I was relieved that all of the hard work I put into myself was finally showing. I looked in the mirror and saw something beautiful. I saw someone who has been through so much. Someone who is so strong and suppresses all her emotions because she didn't want anyone to think she was crazy.

I saw potential.

I saw someone who was able to take criticism and use it to motivate me to become a more awesome person than I already was.

So with sincerity, thank you.

Without your ignorance and your self-esteem problems, I would not have looked into my mirror that night. I would have not realized all of the amazing qualities I had, that frankly, you lacked.

You woke me up. You made me realize that others cannot define your potential. Someone cannot tell you who are you.

If anyone has told you to look in the mirror recently, do it.

Do it to show yourself that your day-to-day battle wounds do not define you.

They built you into being the awesome human that you are.

Sincerely, the girl who does not regret looking into the mirror 2 years ago.