I Control My Year

I Control My Year

Making resolutions really isn't my thing, I craft it in that moment.

2
I Control My Year
https://unsplash.com/photos/-d6kTMGXV6E

Making resolutions was always my "go to" act every time a new year was approaching. Maybe because everyone else did it, so I thought "well what are mine?" As I began to mature, I realized that making resolutions did not necessarily guarantee that it would happen. Resolutions are a great thing to aspire to; if you feel strongly about them, follow through with them! My point is, however, you can live in the moment and make changes and still be just as "successful".

There was a time in my life that I sort of depended on others for MY happiness and success. It took years for me to accept that it was in fact a very foolish thing to do. You must create your own lane, craft your own milestones, and be in charge of your own happiness. Only YOU truly know what you want. No one can hold your hand for eternity; and if they are currently doing so, one day they must let go.

I control my 2020, and the years to come. There are many things I want to accomplish, and I will in due time. Struggling to be patient is something I wrestle with. Sure, all of my dreams coming true right now would be super exciting. But what would I have to look forward to in the future? Nothing, and that would be really depressing. I choose to climb my personal ladder at the rate that will be best for me. I vow to work toward my goals and ensure my own security. Looking at the accomplishments of others may motivate me, but that should be it. Obsessing over others' milestones won't help at all.

Guide your decisions based on what you feel is right in the moment; make changes that will improve your life for the time to come. Happy New Year!