49 Ways To Help You Start Living A Better Life In 2019

Different, easy habits to pick from in 2019

338
Instagram
Indy Blue

With the new year approaching, everyone is getting back into their 'new year, new me' attitude. With this often comes to a lot of unrealistic goal setting quickly followed by disappointment that they weren't met. What we tend to forget is the simplest changes in our everyday life can leave the greatest impact on our happiness, mental health, and even how we treat other people. Start small, and change simple things.

Choose one thing even from this list to try and change in the next year of your life and see how much it pays off next December.

1. Practice gratitude 

2. Master your mindset in all areas of your life 

3. Get up early 

4. Daily meditation 

5. Read a chapter of a good book every day 

6. Make time for self-care 

7. Value your alone time 

8. Prioritize your to-do list. the most difficult task first 

9. Set goals and make sure you are moving forward 

10. Don't be afraid of failing 

11. Go to bed before 10 pm 

12. Prioritize your health by eating healthy and clean food 

13. Try and stay away from flour and sugars 

14. Be proactive 

15. Take initiative 

16. Think quality over quantity when it comes to people 

17. Be disciplined and honor your commitments 

18. Stretch it out daily 

19. Practice the art Pomodoros 

20. Get in 30 minutes of exercise every day 

21. Plan your day ahead 

22. Eat dinner at the kitchen table and not in front of the TV

23. Have a good skin care routine in place 

24. Eat your greens 

25. Do a daily thought-dump (preferably in the morning)

26. Drink more water and less fizzy drinks 

27. Wear sunscreen every day of the year 

28. Manage your emotions 

29. Always do what YOU feel (never fear the FOMO)

30. Learn something new every day 

31. Pick up the phone and call an old friend 

32. Always be a good listener 

33. Take advice from people that already have the result you want 

34. Journal 

35. Make time for your loved ones 

36. Be consistent 

37. Challenge yourself and get out of your comfort zone 

38. Do something you've never done before 

39. Learn from your failures 

40. Don't worry 

41. Declutter your home and closet regularly 

42. Plan for an adventure 

43. Be confident 

44. Say no to things you don't really want to do 

45. Say yes to things you want to do (even if it may seem scary)

46. Cook at home (and save money)

47. Take responsibility for your actions 

48. Don't make excuses 

49. Just start, because tomorrow is not a day of the week 

Most importantly, remember this life is for you. Live this year for you. Live this life for you.