How To Be Confident: A Survival Guide

How To Be Confident: A Survival Guide

341
How To Be Confident: A Survival Guide
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/18/636465757059096406-1335023069_il_fullxfull.1268364037_pv63.jpg

Confidence is something that many people struggle with, myself included. It is not easy to attain but is extremely important in life and is one of the many parts of self-love! Although I still personally struggle with being confident, I’ve managed to find my happy place by reminding myself of some key notes. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. There is a difference between being confident and cocky. You are NOT cocky if you simply love yourself! In order to be confident, you must love yourself. That means being in peace with all of your so called imperfections, curves, edges, insecurities, etc. You are more than what you make yourself out to be and it is really important to acknowledge that. So, everyday- look in the mirror and tell yourself “I’m beautiful no matter what“, because guess what- it’s true :-)
  2. Stop all the negativity and replace it with positivity. Instead of looking at yourself and saying “Ugh I hate this, this, and this!”, acknowledge all the wonderful things that you don’t hate, but simply love. Whether it be your beautiful eyes, radiant smile, or simply your great personality.
  3. Build yourself up! Never bring yourself down because people will use that as an excuse to walk over you and bring you down even more. YOU are unique, YOU are beautiful, and finally- YOU are YOU. There’s no one else in the world that is the same as you, so embrace it. You were made different from everyone else and the sooner you start to realize that, so will everyone else around you.
  4. Do NOT compare yourself to anyone else. The hard reality is that there will always be someone prettier, someone smarter, someone better- but so what? Is that someone you? Nope. Stop caring what everyone else has to offer and look at what you have to offer. You’ll surprise yourself by seeing how many wonderful talents you possess.
  5. Be yourself. I wish this would be embedded in everyone’s minds like the alphabet is when we start learning in school. Who cares what the next person has to say about anything, no ones opinion truly should matter other than your very own. If people are talking about you, GOOD! That means you are worth being talked about, embrace that with open arms!! That’s what makes your haters mad. Keep your head up high, don’t give a damn, and walk like you own the world.
  6. Stay in your own lane. There will ALWAYS be someone who will talk about you, but that doesn’t mean that you go on a ranting spree about them. Talking shit about another person doesn’t make you any better than they are. Let them talk all they want, but don’t stoop to their level. Classy people take the BS that others have to say through one ear, laugh, and then take it out the other. Why be bitter when you can be better?
  7. SMILE. Your smile is beautiful and the world deserves to see more of it.

Always keep in mind that beauty, popularity, status- all these things are subjective. Stay true to yourself. I hope that one day you will love yourself enough to be confident and stay that way. Keep your head up high, forever.