How To Be Comfortable In A Bikini

How to get over the fear of wearing a bikini

It's easier than you think.

48
Malley Ronk

Bikinis. A chubby teenage girl's worst nightmare. When you're young, if you don't wear a bikini, all your skinny friends don't understand why you don't wear one too. The thing with swimsuits in the past couple of years is that the ways of wearing them have changed. Plus size models have shown the world that you can rock a bikini at any size, including myself. This was the summer I decided to stop being so scared and finally wear a bikini and here's how I overcame this silly fear.

Having supermodels like Ashley Graham to look up to.

Ashley Graham paved the way for many girls and women alike. She showed the world that plus size women can and will wear swimwear no matter what.

Realizing no one really cares.

I'm dead serious. I know it feels like everyone is staring only at you, but i promise 9/10 they aren't.

If they do care it's because they're not as confident as you are.

Also serious. Who cares if that jocky boy laughs at you when you're soaking up the sun.

Just putting the damn thing on your body and going about your day.

Compliments on how cute your top is are in the near future.

THICK THIGHS SAVE LIVES

And catch all the sun the sky has to offer.

Finding a bikini you love and makes you feel good.

I've come to realize that the number on the tag means absolutely nothing when it fits your body perfectly.

If so concerned, cut the tags out of it.

I had a teacher tell me this in middle school. You can't let the number mock you if its not there.

It has taken me nearly 20 years to feel totally comfortable in a swimsuit. Sure I've lost some weight since last swim season, but that doesn't mean if I had these tools last year I would have done the same thing. Being a woman is tricky with this season's version of beautiful, but in the end it's your body and your time to shine.