Using Our Blinkers And These 6 Other Things Will Make Us Better Drivers

It's amazing that a simple thing like using your blinker, could save a life.

151
pexels.com

1. Learn how to change their tires

I could not replace my own tire if my life depended on it. I know there is a crank thing and that another tire is in my trunk, oh! I know I have to remove bolts. That’s about it…

2. You should be using your middle mirror

The mirror inside your car is not for putting on your make up. Instead, you should be using it to keep track of the cars behind you or for using it to check before reversing out of your parking spot.

3. Learning what the jump start wires do

Again, I have no idea how to do this. I have the cables! I don’t think that will get me very far though.

4. Stop slamming on your breaks

Slamming on your brakes can be extremely bad for your car. Not to mention slamming on them produces headaches to everyone else in your car.

5. Using the turn lane for its purpose

A turn lane is for turning. A turn lane is not for getting out of McDonald's and trying to cross half the street in hopes of merging with the ongoing traffic soon.

6. Always wear your seatbelt

Why don’t people realize that this saves lives! Just sit and click. It’s simple.

7. You need to be using your blinkers

It is ridiculous that so many people do not use their blinkers. It’s a simple technique that tells other people without saying a word if you’re going left or right. Especially when you’re on the highway and they start going super slow and you’re sitting there thinking “what are you doing?!?”. Turning. Preparing to turn is what they are doing.