We Are All Influencers Because Somebody's Always Watching
Social Media

People are always watching, so who are you influencing?

43
Mya Weatherby

As most of us know, being an influencer is a big deal these days especially through social media. And it seems as though every day there are more and more popping up. You may be one of those people who would love to be an influencer and try to make revenue from it but doesn't believe you could ever be one since you aren't popular or have the following. You could be someone one who actually doesn't care and dislike the who influencing the industry. No matter which one you are, I'm going to give you some shocking news. Are you ready?

You are an influencer.

Whether you like it or not, you are an influencer. Amongst your friends, family, your school, your clubs, your jobs, literally no matter who you are or what you are doing you are an influencer. Now you may think I am completely wrong or you may know exactly where I am going with this, but I encourage you to keep reading.

So when I started pursuing the whole influencer lifestyle, I didn't have the following, I didn't nor do I now think I am popular. I remember having no idea what it really meant to be an influencer. Whether it was picking a niche and understanding the marketing aspect of it all, I was clueless. What I soon found out was that my whole life I have been an influencer without even knowing.

Looking back through my life I noticed the people I hung out with or I looked up too, I would want to do things the way they do or take their advice. Then the whole idea of who your closest friends are is the kind of person you will become in the next few years had never been so noticeable until then. I think about all of the things I'm interested in, what I watch, what I say, and overall how I act and I see how I have a lot of people in my life that are influencers.

All of this to say, the people that you are allowing in your life will influence you in some way. Then it also works the other way around where someone is being influenced by you and is watching you (not in a creepy way). Something that I have to remind myself is even if people aren't saying anything, commenting or liking my pictures, or even subscribing to my channel, people are still paying attention and I still have influence and so do you.

XOXO,

Mya