How Electronic Music Changed My Life

How Electronic Music Changed My Life

When you don't fit in, there is still hope. Electronic Dance Music scene, and its life-changing effects.

12
How Electronic Music Changed My Life
Facebook

There came a time in my life where I felt like I didn’t fit in and I wasn’t accepted in today’s society. That all changed when I was immersed in the electronic music scene.

How it all started

It was the beginning of my 11th grade year in high school and really didn’t have that many friends. I walked into to my first class and saw one of my old friends and sat down next to him. I asked about his well-being, and what what’s new in his life. He began to tell me about this PLUR society that you often find at these Electronic Concerts. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. He said that no matter what, everyone was accepted for who they were. I was intrigued by this, as I felt like I wasn’t accepted at school and it felt good to hear that there may be a place where I was. I asked when the next concert was and went home and bought my ticket. It was to a Candyland show and I will never forget it. It was everything he said it would be. The next week I bought a ticket to see Hardwell, the number one DJ in the world. I will never forget that day, as that was the day my life changed for the better.

The style I listen to

There are many different genres of electronic music and can be slightly overwhelming but everyone has their own preferences. I enjoy progressive house, deep house, big room house, trap, hard trap, and dubstep, personally. Another really popular kind is trance, electro house, and many more. You would think it all sounds the same, right? Well, not really. With all these different types you can really here the difference in the way they beats and style sounds. In one song, you might hear a really deep bassline or a trap horn with a snare drum in the background. These two types are completely different and attract tow totally different types of crowds

How electronic music impacts me today

I have been to endless concerts and two festivals. I will never regret buying a ticket to a show or a festival because each one of them hold priceless memories with friends and people you meet. My first festival was Electronic Daisy Carnival in New York City and it forever changed my life. That feeling you get is indescribable and it’s a feeling you will never forget. Knowing that all 10,000 people are there because you all have the same interest is only adds to the excitement. Everyone, jumping to the beat of the music with you and your closest friends is just another perk. Today I am always trying to show new people electronic music and show them how amazing it is and who knows maybe I will change someone’s life just like my best friend changed mine.