It's the Holiday Season!

It's the Holiday Season!

No, it's not too early for Christmas songs.

15
It's the Holiday Season!
google images

I’m not going to lie. I started groaning when one of my best friends started playing Christmas music as soon as November 1st rolled around. But if I’m being honest, the spirit of Christmas is something that embraces everyone and makes everyone happy—and in the coldest months of the year, it is really heartwarming to have something to join together and celebrate!

So, here’s my little list of why it’s never too early to celebrate Christmas!

1. The earlier you start Christmas shopping, the better. This way, you won’t be spending huge amounts of money all at once. Spreading out expenses for the ones you love as well as putting in time and effort to get them thoughtful gifts will help your bank account and your relationships!

2. The longer you are in the Christmas spirit, the more time you have to get that really hot winter body—meaning the more sugar you can ingest without feeling guilty. Plus, when there are so many cookies, chocolates, and warm drinks to consume—you really shouldn’t feel guilty for something that feels so right.

3. Christmas lights are a much needed pick-me-up. Not only is the sun setting earlier now, it is also rising later now too. With days this short, and as college students who never sleep, lights help ease the sadness that comes with seasonal changes. Having lights up, especially multi-colored Christmas lights that typically bring about good memories, really raises spirits.

4. Time seems to go by quicker in the Christmas season. With so much to bake and buy, you always seem to run out of days quickly, and while the end of term feels intense, we still want it to go by before we can blink our eyes.

So, this season try not to roll your eyes when someone mentions Christmas. Maybe it’s too early for you, but don’t take away the happiness that this season brings to someone else. And hey—if it’s ticking you off that much— maybe you need some Christmas spirit!