Best Holiday Beverages
Food Drink

12 Delightful Holiday Beverages You Should Not Miss

One of the best things about this time of year are all the wonderfully sweet and cozy beverages there are to enjoy.

1043
Hot Cocoa Santa

One of my favorite things besides food and family at this time of year is the treats and holiday beverages. There are so many sweet, spiced, refreshing, and cozy drinks to enjoy this time of year and some of them are hard to find at other times. There isn't one drink I don't like. Here is a list of 12-holiday drinks for you to enjoy.

1. Hot Spiced Cider

At Thanksgiving, my family made spiced cider from apples that we juiced ourselves then combined with mulling spice in a pot on the stove. Whether store-bought or homemade, apple cider is one of those drinks that warm the soul. It's sweet, spiced, and delightful.

2. Peppermint Mocha

Mocha is already great but peppermint was made to go with mocha especially for the holidays. The chocolatey peppermint flavor is perfect.

3. Chai Tea Latte

Chai tea is a wonderful spiced tea and is perfect served hot and creamy in the form of a latte. If you haven't tried it or had it recently, it's a cozy and classy drink, perfect for cozying up on a chilly winter day, and it's one of my favorites.

4. Eggnog

Not everyone loves eggnog, but there are those, like myself who love it. The sweet creamy spiced flavor is perfect. Nutmeg is the spice that gives eggnog it's unique flavor. It's also wonderfully thick. The creamiest holiday drink. Eggnog is also hard to find at any other time of year.

5. Vegan Holiday Nog

Yes, if the raw eggs and all that cream gross you out or give you a tummy ache. You can still enjoy the creamy rich flavor. It can be made using soy or almond or other nut milk, which are surprisingly creamy and smooth. Anyone can enjoy vegan nog.

6. Hot Cocoa

One of the most classic treats for a cold winter day that is sure to cheer up anyone is hot cocoa. I grew up on this treat and have fond memories of coming in from playing in the snow freezing with numbed hands and making hot cocoa. Right away it would warm me up. This drink can be enjoyed in a variety of different ways with different flavors. But you can never go wrong with swiss miss and Minnie marshmallows on top or even some whipped cream.

7. Sparkling Grape Juice or Sparkling Cider

Nothing says celebration like a sparkling grape juice or sparkling cider. I always love how they come in classy glass bottles and they are so fizzy and wonderful for a nice refreshing holiday drink.

8. Peppermint Tea

Tea is always a wonderful thing to drink to help you wind down, especially when it's chilly out. Tea is also very healthy while being delicious, so if you have the sniffles it's the perfect drink. Peppermint tea is a great soothing tea that's also flavored just right for the holidays. It's my go-to holiday tea.

9. Chai Tea

If you want tea that's got holiday spice and hints of vanilla. Chai tea is also great in tea form, not just as a latte, you can drink it with or without milk or cream and sugar. Any way you like it works.

10. White Chocolate Hot Cocoa

Remember how I mentioned there are many varieties of hot cocoa? Well, white chocolate hot cocoa is also a favorite for those who enjoy a sweet creamy treat.

11. Adult Hot Cocoa

Hot cocoa can also be enjoyed mixed with Frangelico, Bailey's, and Amoretto in equal parts and either 1/3 or 1/2 liquor to hot cocoa ratio depending on how strong you like it. It's a wonderfully sweet and warm holiday treat.

12. Saffron Tea

I know this may not be considered a holiday drink, but I think it should. I happened upon this delight at the Indian store. I got the instant tea kind and you make it like you make hot cocoa, by sprinkling the powder in. The powder includes saffron tea flavors, milk, and sugar. It's the perfect blend of sweet and creamy, so give it a try!

Hopefully, you have reminisced about your favorite holiday drinks or learned about some new ones you would like to try. May you be warm and cozy this holiday season snuggled up with your favorite holiday beverage.