Here's Why You're Doing Great

Here's Why You're Doing Great

Being in college is pretty stressful but great at the same time.

133
Here's Why You're Doing Great

You get to do all that you want, you make the greatest friends but then Midterms and Finals happen and everything feels like a downward spiral. You feel like you want to give your best but then you feel like there's no hope.

Here's the deal- You aren't giving yourself enough credit.

........and this is why you should.

You manage to live away from Home

Yes, you miss home a lot on some days. You miss the food, you miss your friends and most importantly, the comfort that is always waiting there for you. But, do you ever realize that no matter how much you complain, you end up managing pretty darn well? Look at you, doing your laundry, attending all your classes, submitting papers on time and taking care of yourself! It isn't easy, but you're doing it.

You have friends

Sometimes, being alone can get tiring…but then being around people can, too. Living in college, you're always surrounded by people. You're either chilling in your dorm, working in the library or eating in the dining hall ( or, um Pastabilities?). But you know what's great? The fact that you're managing everything so well.

Socialising isn't easy and neither is dealing with people who aren't like you but you still do it, each and every day.

You've grown in ways you don't know

Yes, you miss your Mama when you have the flu, yes, you call her 45647 times a day to update her on every lil' thing... you feel like a child even though aren't. It isn't easy to stay at home one day and Boom! live semi-independently the next. Think about how you were a year ago.

No, THINK about it.

Now, think about how you are TODAY- at this very moment. It may not feel like a huge change, but it is. You may not realize but you have grown immensely- in the smallest of ways! You now know how to do your laundry, eat a proper- healthy meal ( I'm still learning how to do that lol) and most importantly, manage your time and finances. Pretty adult-y, huh?

You're alive!!

You've lived for almost 17-20 years (approx.). You've made it through the lowest of the lows. Through all the "I give ups", "I hate life's" all the C's and F's- you're here today. You've lived through the mistakes, the regrets and guess what? You're doing great. Remember that one time (or many) in school when you saw your grade and felt ab-so-lute-ly dejected? Like, that was it… The END.

Remember when you got stressed about graduating high school with a good GPA, getting into a good college and finally pursuing the field you always wanted…. And today, as you sit there, reading this article it hits you( even though probably still stressing about something)- you made it....... You are going to make it.

The thing about adulthood ( yeah, that) is that it makes you focus so much on one aspect of things that you completely discredit everything else you've ever done.

I know. I know, its important to get a good GPA but is that really all you want? a good GPA, a degree but no experience or life lessons whatsoever? No! ( I hope not)

All I want to say is that, no matter how dejected, hopeless and worthless college and life make you feel, always remember that you're growing, and you're getting something out of it.

You may be getting a B- in PHY213 but you sure as hell getting an A+ in LIFE101... so, take a breath. calm down and know, that you're doing just fine!