7 Cheap Ways to Be Healthy As A College Student

3. Buy produce instead of chips for snacks

155

I'm pretty sure that a large portion of people eat poorly because they think it is the cheapest option, it turns out, that isn't always the case! Here's ways to eat well and feel well on a budget!

1. Eat half of your restaurant portion

Restaurants usually give you enough food for 2 or 3 meals, so if you want to stretch your money you can eat a ~healthy~ portion and have food for later too!

2. Wash your hair every other day

Your shampoo will last twice as long, and your hair won't be as dry. If your hair looks greasy you can always use dry shampoo!

Usually, a fruit is cheaper than a bag of chips and it's like 392942 times better for you. Unlike chips, a fruit contains as much fruit as it looks like it does. Chip bags, on the other hand, are full of lies and deceit, and mostly air. Also, fruit doesn't have a wrapper so you don't have to wander around looking for a trash can.

4. Drink water instead of sugary drinks

Water is free, and also water is good for you. *mic drop*.

5. Borrow bananas from the dining hall

You can put them in your bookbag so they don't see you, and know you have healthy late night snacks! I say borrow because I don't think it counts as stealing when you pay for a meal plan but they act like you can't take anything out of the dining hall...

6. Borrow tea bags from the dining hall

Use your Keurig to make hot water and just like that you've got hot tea for free! This also counts as borrowing, and it is an extra good idea if you're starting to get sick.

7. Sleeeeep

Sleeping is free, and in studies, it has been connected to grades, temperament, happiness, and weight loss. So do it.

Being good to your body doesn't have to be expensive! Take time to treat yourself and also save money:)