Why I'm happy I Went To CU Boulder

Why I'm happy I Went To CU Boulder

Lifestyle over career connections

682
Why I'm happy I Went To CU Boulder
Personal Photo

Every since moving to New York and having trouble getting a job in the field I want, my friends tell me 'too bad you didn't go to college in New York, because then you would've had a lot connections. While, yes that's true that everyone who went to college has 5 years experience and I'm starting from starch- I'm still proud to have gone to college in Colorado. These are the top five reasons I'm proud and happy I went to University of Colorado, Boulder.

1. An Actual Campus

I had an actual campus. I didn't realize how much of a luxury this was until moving to New York City. Here, most colleges are a group of 5 buildings somewhere in the city. We had a real campus to crawl around, with benches and fields and trees. We had buildings and areas on campus that semi-belonged to our major.

2. The College Town Vibe

We had the hill, we had a town built around the campus that featured a ton of young, divey, trash, hip bars and restaurants suited just for us. We had Pearl St Mall with classic college bas like The Downer'. We even had the 'kiss the buff' tradition on your 21st.

3. School Rivalry

I asked one of my friends who goes to college in the city the other day what her school's 'rival' was. She was confused and then asked what I meant. I explained, and she responded they didn't have a rival. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed the rivalry between the Rams and the Buffs. Man competition is fun. So were those football games when we actually won hehe.

4. The Location

Ah yes location, location, location! Talk about the mountains, the greenery, the mild, beautiful, sunny weather. Nothing was better than Boulder on a

summer day. Go to Chautauqua, walk down to Pearl St, enjoy a marg on the roof of the Rio or sit on the Patio at half fast with a pitcher as day turns to night. All with the flatirons in the background.

5. The College Experience

Sounds lame, but yes I'm happy I got the 'total package' college experience. We had a beautiful campus, a football team, we had Greek life, we had 'the hill'. I miss it more than I thought I would, and I already knew I'd miss it a lot.