A poem to the best dog there ever was, I miss you every day.

I Miss You

Nearly one year later and not a single day goes by that I don't think about you.

10
I Miss You

A poem to the best dog, ever.

I miss seeing your face first thing in the mornings.

I miss our morning cuddles while the alarm snoozed. You made it easier to wake up on gloomy winter mornings.

I miss your excitement at eating. It was like I could never give you enough.

I miss walking you around the neighborhood. My favorite walks were during the summer months, when we leisurely strolled for an hour, enjoying life.

I miss your sweet, toothless smile.

I miss how your tongue hung out one side and wondered how it fit into your mouth, and I was always concerned when I woke up and it had dried out during the night.

I miss your silly face and the way you loved to play.

I miss your energy for a senior dog, and you reminded me to be thankful for each and every day with you.

I miss your post-bath zoomies around the apartment. You really did hate baths.

I miss your hopefulness. You were always convinced that someone with a bag had treats for you, no matter how many said "no."

I miss trying to take photos of you since you were so camera shy.

I miss running with you to see Debbie, the lady who sells Streetwise in our neighborhood, for a mid-walk snack break.

I miss how you would shake for bread. I still don't know why, but you loved it.

I miss seeing your determination to get to whatever you wanted, especially bread. I remember when you first pulled the bread out of the bushes and I was both shocked and impressed.

I miss taking you on road trips up to Wisconsin.

I miss seeing you with 'food lady.' I know she misses you too.

We all miss you.

I only got to experience your wonderful spirit for a mere year and a half, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.