10 Signs You Grew Up A Choir Kid

10 Signs You Grew Up As A Choir Kid, No Matter If You Were An Alto Or Soprano

Once a choir kid, always a choir kid.

220

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Don't pick something from "Glee"...please.

1. You know what a cummerbund is.

There's a good chance you have a stash of them hidden in the back of your closet.

2. Deep breaths never include shoulders, obviously.

Every *true* choir kid knows the importance of diaphragmatic breathing.

3. You catch yourself humming scales everywhere.

In line at the supermarket? Check. During commercial breaks? Check. On the toilet? It's highly possible.

4. 1, 1 2 1, 1 2 3 2 1 haunts your dreams.

Same goes for "red leather yellow leather" and "mommy made me mash my m+m's."

5. That one soprano...

You all know her. Maybe you were her. Either way, you could pick that voice out of a lineup.

6. Solo and Ensemble day was the best.

Missing school, dressing up, listening to a bunch of music, it was the best! Let's just hope you don't get a slightly off the walls judge who had a little too much coffee on lunch break.

7. Breaking out into Italian operettas is a frequent occurrence.

Particularly from the "24 Italian Songs and Arias" book. You know the one.

8. Riser formations have a special place in your heart.

So do getting on and off the risers quietly.

9. You know bathroom acoustics are the best.

But elevators are a close second.

10. Nailing a crazy piece never gets old.

There's no feeling quite comparable to finally getting all the way through a 23 page a cappella piece made up entirely of sounds that are not words in any language.