5 Things To Do In Greensboro, NC

5 Things To Do In Greensboro, NC

A selection of 5 activities to do if visiting Greensboro, North Carolina.

321
5 Things To Do In Greensboro, NC
Youtube

As a native of Greensboro, North Carolina, I feel that there are a lot of gems about this city that is not taken advantage of by natives and visitors alike. These are in no particular order.

1. Visiting The Museums:

Greensboro is a place with a lot of history and plenty to show for it. Starting with the International Civil Rights Museum, which is a remarkable place to revisit Greensboro's mark in the Civil Rights movement. Another museum is the Natural Science Museum, the Greensboro Historical Museum, Greensboro Children Museum, Weatherspoon Art Museum and more.

2. Visiting UNCG and NCA&T:

These are the two powerhouse schools in the Greensboro and some of the finest schools in North Carolina. UNCG, or The University of North Carolina in Greensboro, which initially was founded as a woman's college, but eventually became coed. NCA&T, or North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University, is one of the best HBCU's in the country and a landmark for some very well known alumnus; most recent being Tarik Cohen, current Runningback for the Chicago Bears.

3. Visiting the Four Seasons Mall & Friendly Shopping Center:

These are two shopping spots that also acts as a good hangout if visiting friends.

4. Explore the Downtown region:

I don't know if it's just me, but Downtown Greensboro gives me a vibe that's hard to describe. You just have to go there to understand what I'm talking about.

5. Explore the downtown parks/recreational areas:

There is a park in central downtown and one by the library. The one by the library is relatively new, however, it is still a great spot to experience hosted events and a spot to just sit and appreciate the structure of downtown Greensboro.

Keep in mind that these aren't everything that can be done in Greensboro. These are just some big things that I would recommend any visitor to do. There's plenty more to do, like going to a Greensboro Grasshopper game and etc.