'Gossip Girl': Your Next Netflix Binge Worthy Show

Xoxo Gossip Girl

54

If you can't find a new series to watch because you're still balling your eyes out after One Tree Hill, then Gossip Girl is definitely for you! Life in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, NY is completely different from the life in Central Arkansas.

The show is narrated by the unknown, infamous blogger, Gossip Girl. She begins and ends every episode with the latest gossip. Her target is Manhattan's Elite: Serena van der Woodsen, Blair Waldorf, Nate Archibald, and Chuck Bass. Some include Dan Humphrey in Manhattan's Elite and some do not.

"Xoxo, Gossip Girl"

Serena and Blair are what you call "best frenemies" because they consider themselves best friends, but when it comes down to it they will do whatever it takes to destroy each other. Nate and Chuck are the only two who have a genuine friendship throughout the entire series. Serena struggles with daddy issues by using her body to attract the wrong men. Blair struggles with confidence by forcing everyone to bow down to her as Queen B. Nate struggles with actual family issues, and tries his best to resolve them in a genuine manner. Chuck has an unhealthy lust for women because he struggles to get his one true love. Dan struggles with fitting into the Upper East Side society. He's willing to do whatever it takes to fit in.

Gossip Girl swoops in to report the hourly mistakes and imperfections of Manhattan's Elite. The goal of the show is for not only the characters to find out who Gossip Girl is, but for us to find out first!

On a 5 star rating scale, I would give this show 4.5/5. Gossip Girl isn't for everyone, but it has an addictive plot that makes it hard to turn off. If this show is for you, you will find yourself at 3:00 am with crusty eyes whispering, "Just one more episode and I'll turn it off." 6 Seasons full of laughter and drama. You'll laugh, cry, scream, and possibly throw your laptop, but it's worth it!

If you liked One Tree Hill, Vampire Diaries, 90210, and Pretty Little Liars then you'll love Gossip Girl!!!