Good Trouble Is Your New Favorite TV Show

'Good Trouble' Is A Good Watch For Your Winter TV Tuesdays

It's "Melrose Place" for the millennial generation.

335

So if you remember the times where Freeform used to be ABC Family and all the old shows we grew up on. One of my favorites from the channel is "The Fosters." The show ended last year after five seasons but the series continues to in the spin-off show, "Good Trouble."

Warning: Spoilers Ahead!!

Good Trouble | Season 1 Promo | Freeformwww.youtube.com

Callie and Mariana make the big move to Los Angelas on their own and away from their adopted moms, Lena and Stef, and things don't don't exactly start off great for them. Their first day in LA they have their U-Haul towed, all their stuff robbed except for the mattresses, their luxury apartment turns out to be a commune living space, and Callie has a one night stand with one of her new neighbors who happens to be Mariana's co-worker and newest crush, Gael. And this is just in episode one

Maia Mitchell, Cierra Ramirez & More | What is Good Trouble? | The Fosters Spin-Offwww.youtube.com

Now at first, I didn't know how to feel about this spin-off because I wondered, "well what are they gonna do?" That was before I knew what it was really going to be about. Two girls who leave home and adventure off to the big city and try to survive adulting. This echoed what I'm going through in real life as a college senior. How your first apartment is going to be a disaster zone, complicated dating situations, trying to make it at your first big girl job. This is so relatable to many people like me and it's one of the many reasons why the show works. It's not afraid to push the door down and talk about real life issues and experiences.

Good Trouble Premieres Jan 8 | The Fosters Spin-Off | Freeformwww.youtube.com

The show includes so much dialogue about current day issues. From sexism in the workplace and police brutality to sexual identity and working a dead end job to support your real dreams. This is our generation's "90210" but with more stories and drama in the mix. The show has thirteen episodes this season and has already been renewed for a second season. I definitely recommend watching this show this winter and getting yourself into some "Good Trouble".