What You Should Actually Include In Your New Year's Resolution

There are a few important things you should do this year.

5
Flickr

It's the new year, and we're all making resolutions. Whether or not we'll actually stick to them is another story. Here are 5 things we should include in our resolutions this year.

1. Stop using single use plastic straws.

The alternative? Reusable coffee cups/iced coffee cups! They're in stores everywhere AND in coffee shops! They're not that expensive, and you get to reduce your own waste and save the sea animals!

2. Check up on your friends more often.

Even if your friend seems totally fine, it definitely wouldn't hurt to shoot them a text to see how their day is going. You can afford those 2 seconds out of your day.

3. Verify news articles before you share them.

It's about to be 2019, and there's absolutely no rooms for fake news to be shared around. Onion articles are funny, but if you see a picture of Whoopi Goldberg wearing a vulgar and degrading Trump shirt, please just grow up and realize that that picture was photoshopped.

4. Appreciate what you have.

It's easy to compare what we have to what other people have in the age of social media, but it's easier to forget that a lot of people don't even have half of what we have. In 2019, we should take a step back and realize what we have and how lucky we are to have it.

5. Love yourself.

In 2019, we need to stop body shaming. This includes body shaming ourselves. We listen when we talk to ourselves, so be nice. Everyone is built differently and beautifully. It's time we stop comparing our bodies to others.