Every week we are inundated with content that is negative, frightening, or distressing. Very rarely do we get a chance to see all the good that is happening in the world.
Here is a roundup of seven news stories you might have missed this week that show there is some goodness left in the world:
1. An out as trans police officer just graduated from a police academy in Philadelphia for the first time
2. A New York dad was inspired by his daughter and created an all-girls wrestling team for her
3. A church in Cincinnati helped wiped out over $46 million in medical debt for families in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Indiana
4. This veterinarian is doing the best job
5. An 84-year-old woman sunk a 94-foot putt to win a new car at the Ole Miss basketball game
6. Australian comedian Brad Williams has raised nearly $465,000 for a young boy being bullied for dwarfism
And major celebrities came out to support the young boy, including Hugh Jackman.