Golden by Ruth B.

Golden by Ruth B.

Another great song many might not know

229
Golden by Ruth B.
Columbia Records

For those of you who didn't know Ruth B. created more great songs than just "Lost Boy." For those of you who did know, good job. On her EP titiled "The Inro" there is four songs. "2 Poor Kids," "Lost Boy," "Golden," and "Superficial Love." All of which are equally great. Although they are all great, the one I'll be talking about is "Golden."

For those of you who have heard it, don't you just love it? For those who haven't heard it, you need too. I won't hold it against you since it's not played on the radio, only "Lost Boy" is however it is on YouTube. I only found it on YouTube because it was in my recommended for you section. I'll supply the link at the end of the article.

I'm not sure what the story behind the song is, but "Golden" is a great song about rising up after being put down. In the song it talks about staying true to who you are and how she's golden.

In one section of the song it says "Cause I'm not weak, I'm not broken I am bold. And the fire you put me through turned me into gold. Im not done, I'm no loser. Watch me take on my bright future." And it's probably my favorite lines in the song.

When I first found the song at the beginning of the summer, I couldn't stop listening to it on repeat. Especially at the time I found it, I was down. This song helped me realize that I have a bright future no matter what anyone else things. No matter what anyone says, I am worth it. They might think they know me, but they don't because I am golden. You all are too and I hope if you listen to the song