Going To Florida Gulf Coast University Was The Right Choice
Campuses

I Didn't Think I'd End Up At FGCU, But Now I'm Here, I'm Home

I definitely didn't think I would at up here, but I'm glad I did.

48

I remember being SO set on a different university than the one I'm currently when I was back in high school. I was so determined that I would not end up where I am today, and that I would be attending the university in which I had in mind, but looking back now, I'm so beyond grateful for where I've ended up.

I remember getting denied by my dream school and having a mental breakdown.

I literally convinced myself that I was not going away for college and didn't even know what to do next. I went to sleep that night feeling pretty hopeless and definitely did not take into consideration that I had a pretty fair shot of still getting my college acceptances.

Fast forward a few weeks later, I ended up getting accepted into every school I had applied to except the one. I went on a college tour trip with my family soon proceeding that, and as soon as I stepped foot onto my campus in which I attend now, something told me that this was the one for me.

I went home after the tour, feeling better with the way things turned out, and hoped for the best.

I now graduate from my University next year and have changed entirely as a person because my campus has allowed me to thrive in ways that I didn't even know were possible. I don't know that I necessarily believe personally that everything happens for a reason, but I do believe that fate has an odd, yet wonderful way of working things out.

My advice to any graduating seniors would be to stay optimistic about the future and know that you are entirely in control as to what the next step towards your future will be. Go with your gut, yet, trust that everything will work itself out- if you work for it, of course.