Trayvon Martin's Family Doesn't Owe George Zimmerman A Penny
Currently

Dear George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin's Family Doesn't Owe You Shit

White entitlement is murdering an innocent black teenager, being acquitted of all charges, and then demanding reparations be made for you.

56

Trayvon Martin was a 17-year-old African-American boy on his way home from the nearby 7-11 store, with a packet of Skittles and a bottle of watermelon-flavored Arizona. George Zimmerman, a volunteer neighborhood watch coordinator, spotted Martin with his hoodie up and started to follow him because he appeared "suspicious," despite his officials instructing him pursuit was unnecessary. Zimmerman approached the suspect, an altercation ensued, and he shot Martin with his gun, later claiming that he was acting in self-defense. Martin succumbed to the fatal injuries.

Trayvon Martin's death shook the nation, and it was one of the many cases that sparked the #BlackLivesMatter movement.

Zimmerman's trial began in 2013, where he was appealing his second-degree murder and manslaughter charges. Despite the evidence presented during the trial, the jury acquitted him of all charges. The U.S. Department of Justice continued an investigation into whether Martin's civil rights were violated, and they concluded three years later that Zimmerman did not act out of racism.

Zimmerman, however, was not afraid to speak his mind and retorted that the U.S. government, more specifically President Obama, exacerbated racial tensions in the nation. He referred to himself as an "innocent American" that was unlawfully persecuted. Zimmerman quickly went into hiding after that, which was a smart choice on his part.

The case had been at rest since then until Zimmerman filed a $100 million dollar lawsuit against Martin's family this week.

He seeks reparations for "public defamation," "malicious persecution," and that the court presented false evidence against Zimmerman. The family responded by calling the lawsuit unjustified and a "shameless attempt to profit off the lives and grief of others."

Zimmerman fatally shot a teenager. He walked free when he was facing a possible life-sentence, and the victim's family received neither compensation nor justice. And yet, Zimmerman believes they owe him for his inconveniences.

His demands from the family are absurd, inhumane, and incredibly unfathomable.

He killed someone's son, and now he's asking for money from them.

To call him disgusting would be an understatement.

If this case receives even a little bit of credibility, I will lose all of my faith in the American Justice System. We have tangible evidence that Zimmerman committed the crime, and he has the audacity to call it "fabricated." That he was "set up."

Listen here, Zimmerman. You took a young man's life away from him. You took someone's son. You wrecked an entire family.

They do not owe you a penny.

If there's anything they owe you, it's pain. They deserve to be able to afflict you with pain that could somehow equate to the incredible loss they suffered.

Zimmerman is very evidently attempting to paint himself as the victim of the case, because a young black life is not worth anything to him. He is the embodiment of privilege, of entitlement, of white victimization.