Gen Z Has A New Icon, And It's Not Who You Would Expect

When you see this flag, stop what you're doing and sign a petition.

59

Recently Gen Z has adopted a new icon, Manny. If you don't know who Manny is, he's the Greg Heffley's little brother from the iconic novel, Diary of a Wimpy Kid (you can now watch it on Disney Plus!) The Manny flag represents "unity, justice, and being unproblematic." Kids on Tik Tok created this flag to symbolize the resistance movement that seeks a more compassionate world. Every time you see the flag, you must stop what you're doing and sign a petition. The petition can be for justice, or to make changes within our broken system whether it be justice for individuals in ICE petition centers, justice for police brutality, or any other cause that will make a positive change in society.

In this flag, the red stripes from the American flag are replaced with yellow to represent "happiness, positivity, clarity, energy, optimism, enlightenment, remembrance, and intellect." There is a petition on change.org to change the Manny Flag to replace the traditional American flag that elaborates on the purpose of the flag.

A Tik Toker by the username of @wahony (Will) has released a video calling for teens and fellow Gen Zers to sign his petition. The Tik Tok completely went viral. The petition already has over a million signatures and gaining more supporters by the second.

#mannyflag The Manny Flag Petition||TikTok - YouTubewww.youtube.com

Will has also stated that the new national anthem should *obviously* be Black and Yellow by Wiz Khalifa. A true staple to our generation and the perfect song to complement this flag.

Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow [Official Music Video]www.youtube.com

I grew up reading all of these books and watching the movies for The Diary of Wimpy Kid has become a symbol of my generation. It is a reminder that future generations refuse to maintain the status quo and ignorance of the generations before us. If you see the Manny flag make sure you sign a petition!