Fundamental Errors

Fundamental Errors

Why the world we live in struggles to find peace.

7
Fundamental Errors
cubeupload

Our world is not perfect; that is no secret. Poverty exists, crime thrives and justice is a rarity in our society. At what point do the people decide that enough is enough? This isn’t just a problem affecting Missouri, and it isn’t even just a problem in America; this is a worldwide issue. In order for us to move forward as a society, we must solve these problems that have hindered our progress for years. Before we can resolve these issues, however, it’s important to recognize them. Even though there a countless number of inequalities in our wold, these are not what have torn us apart. The illusion of superiority has torn us apart.

Humans feeling superior in life has led to a several serious problems. Falsely feeling superior to other humans merely because of their skin color is an age-old problem. This superior mindset has carried over into economics and the workforce. Men making the amount of money you can’t spend in a lifetime seems silly to me when people are starving and eating once a week. There need to be jobs created worldwide. This isn't a call for handouts, this is rewarding those who work for it. Creating more jobs. Maybe the people who work full-time at huge corporations shouldn't be scraping by while their CEO makes a an insane amount of money that couldn't even be spent in a lifetime. When we have more jobs to reward people, we will move forward. More jobs is more people spending money. The way money makes people somehow overcome the truth while in the court of "justice" just because they had a lot of money doesn't make sense.

Another fundamental error we have suffered from is losing the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Stories are fabricated by the media, shared by the public, and believed by the ignorant. Nobody is willing to actually go into full detail when analyzing issues and they end up with opinions more-so than facts. Instead of looking at blogs for political news, maybe looking at credible sources should be the route to take. Instead of dismissing a person who doesn’t agree with you as “stupid,” maybe having a conversation and seeing things from their perspective could help you form and mold opinions you had didn't have going into the discussion. Sometimes perspective and looking both ways before you cross the issue can help you find the truth.

This leads to the third fundamental error we suffer from; pride. Don’t get me wrong; being proud of who you are and where you come from is important and you should never let that go. The type of pride I’m talking about is the pride that prevents people from admitting mistakes. The same type of pride that prevents politicians from acknowledging faults in their campaigns. The same pride that has America in a chokehold. We have taken nationalism to a new level where we decide that if it isn’t clad in stars and stripes, it isn’t the best. It absolutely can’t be, because we’re the best. We’re free, we have gun rights, we're so advanced, we have this, we have that. We are a great country in many aspects, but at the same time we aren't in many as well. It is time for us to recognize our faults and actually make a change.

The solution resides with the youth. If we can show the young people of our world better standards than what we have lived by, change will follow. We must make sure not to continue teaching prejudices. The youth must be able to make decisions on their own without the bias and pressure of elder generations. We have fundamental issues that need to be addressed and fixed as soon as possible. Not just at home, not just in our country; worldwide.