Supporting My Friends Who Aren't Going To College
Life Stages

To My Friends Who Aren't Going To College, Life Still Has A Lot To Offer You

It's not the end of the world.

785
http://www.thelawofattraction.com/essential-qualities-good-friend/

As we're all getting ready to leave for college, we have our emotional "last suppers" with all of our friend groups. There's crying, sharing memories and sharing the excitement of FINALLY going off to college. Sometimes, though, there's that one friend who isn't going off to college. Sometimes, there's that one friend who's going into the workforce, trade school or the military.

Don't look down on yourself.

Talking to some of my friends who aren't going to college this fall, they often talk about how they feel lost since they're not doing what everyone else is doing. I want everyone who isn't going to college after high school to know that there is no reason to look down on yourself.

Not everyone is curated for college, and in all reality, college isn't always necessary. As long as you're doing what you feel passionate about and you're trying your best, your friends should and WILL be proud of you.

Your friends are still proud of you.

Even though you're not going the typical, traditional route to adult life for our generation, that doesn't mean that your friends aren't proud of you. We know your passions, and we know who you really are. So what if college isn't what you're cut out for? You will find your niche in this world, and you will discover your purpose. The beautiful thing about life after high school is that you don't have to know everything that you're going to do. It's okay to feel lost and confused because we do too; college doesn't answer all of those questions. As long as you're doing your best and living your best life, your friends will be proud of you.

Not going to college doesn't make you a failure.

If you ask people from older generations, a lot of them didn't go to college. My parents didn't finish college and neither did my brother, but they're all still successful. Consider these people: Ellen DeGeneres, Anna Wintour, Steve Jobs and Kim Kardashian — the one thing all of these people have in common is that they didn't go to college. A college degree doesn't measure success. Money doesn't measure success. What measures success is your passion and purpose in life. As long as you're passionate about your job, and said job gives you purpose in life, then you're successful. So do not worry because you're never guaranteed failure.

It's never too late.

Let's say you find yourself in your mid-30s hating your job and where you're at in life. It's never too late. You can always change your career path or go back to school if you really want to. Sure, you may be behind the game a little bit, but that doesn't mean you're too late. There are plenty of people in this world who go back to school or change their career paths later in life. People that went to undergrad do it all the time. Never think that it's too late to do what you want in life because there's always more opportunity out there.

Always remember that this is your life, and you can choose what you do with it. You're never destined for failure, and it's never too late to start over again. Your friends will always be proud of you and love you as long as you're working hard in life, and if they're not, find new friends that will.