Things I Learned In My Freshman Year Of College
Health Wellness

The Crazy Roller Coaster Ride

829

2018- A life-changing, eye-opening year that inspired mental and spiritual growth for me. I graduated high school and flew 5893320 miles away from home…. To a new home.

Freshman Year of College

August 2018-May 2019

Aka

The Craziest Roller Coaster Ride, ever!

The super-fast one with super scary drops and crazy loops ( and also makes you feel super dizzy and nauseous) but the "I -wanna- go- again!!" kind of roller coaster.

Here's a list of things I learned in the Freshman year of college

It is okay to take time for yourself.

You don't have to be happy all the time. We all have our down days, you will be okay. It's normal.

You do You. There's a lot of people in this world doing things because everyone else is doing it. Don't be one of them.

Learn how to not spend ALL of your money on food.

Interact with people who aren't like you. You don't have to best friends with them… just talk! Get to know them! Listen to them! You'll be surprised how much you learn.

It's never "only about grades". Yea, sure they are important but learning new things and growing as an individual is. You don't want to graduate college with a 4.0 GPA but 0 hobbies/interests/extra-curricular.

You have to be productive 24/7. Get rid of the "productivity guilt" you have. Take a chill pill.

If you aren't comfortable with who you are, you will compare yourself to every single person you meet- that will DESTROY you. Don't do that. You're fine just the way you are. Your interests/choices and opinions are completely valid. You are your own person!! Be THAT.

Learn to Listen!! Don't make it just about replying. Pay attention to what people say, you will learn a lot.

Get your priorities straight or else you'll get left behind.

Step out of your comfort zone. Say "yes" more often when it comes to trying new things. ( opportunities/experiences NOT harmful substances!).

Wake up early!

Coffee is awesome but it's not a meal.

Drink water- stay hydrated, always it just makes things 785 times better.

Don't stay in your dorm all the time- don't spend TOO MUCH time alone.

Stay in touch with people from back home- it will keep you grounded.

DON'T COMPARE YOUR REAL LIFE TO EVERYONE ELSE'S INSTAGRAM LIFE! People talk only about the good stuff, you don't know what's going on behind the scenes!!

Reduce social media usage- it's such a waste of time!!

Freshman wasn't the easiest. It was one of the hardest in fact.

But if you take each day as it comes, live in the moment, learn from the experiences and make the most of it, you will be so so so proud of yourself!