Ford 150 Hybrid Pros and Cons

Ford 150 Hybrid Pros and Cons

INTRO

10
Ford 150 Hybrid Pros and Cons

Whether you're looking for a vehicle that has a powerful engine, good fuel economy, or a luxurious ride, there are many options available in today's hybrid market.

The Ford 150 Hybrid offers a wide variety of features and is one of the most popular choices on the market. However, there are pros and cons to this popular option, so let's take a closer look.

Fuel economy

Depending on the model, the Ford F-150 Hybrid can achieve 25 mpg combined on the EPA test cycle. This is an improvement over last year's four-wheel-drive diesel model, which achieved only 22 mpg combined. The Hybrid's fuel economy figures are based on city and highway driving. In addition to the gas engine, Ford F-150 Hybrid models can run on an electric motor in low-load situations.

The Ford F-150 Hybrid combines the 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 with an electric motor and 1.5-kilowatt-hour battery pack. It has a ten-speed automatic transmission and a disconnect clutch at the hub. Combined, these components offer up to 430 horsepower. The Hybrid is rated to tow a maximum of 12,700 pounds.

The Ford F-150 Hybrid can get up to 700 miles on a tank of fuel. In ideal conditions, the Ford F-150 Hybrid 4x4 with PowerBoost has a total range of nearly 1,200 km.

In addition to the gas engine, the F-150 Hybrid has an onboard generator that provides 2.4 kilowatts of standard power. The Hybrid's braking energy is harvested and used to power the electric motor.

The Ford F-150 Hybrid's 10-speed automatic transmission has a disconnect clutch at the hub that allows the Hybrid to run on the electric motor in low-load situations. In addition to its four-wheel drive, the F-150 Hybrid has a towing capacity of 12,700 pounds.

During a six-month test period, the Edmunds test team drove the Ford F-150 PowerBoost Hybrid to over 10,000 miles. In addition to the gas engine, the F-150 hybrid has a 1.5-kilowatt-hour battery and an onboard generator. The electric motor provides 47 horsepower and 570 lb.-ft of torque. The F-150 hybrid's torque figure is higher than other pickups in its class.

The Ford F-150 Hybrid is available in rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive models. The 4x2 version offers the highest gas mileage rating in the F-150 lineup. Depending on the model, the Ford F-150 hybrid can achieve 25 mpg combined on the highway and 24 mpg city. The Ford F-150 Hybrid is priced $4500 above the standard Ford F-150.

Ride quality

Compared to the other half-ton trucks on the market, the Ford F-150 Hybrid stands out for a number of reasons. First and foremost, the F-150 hybrid has a very efficient drivetrain. Its 3.5-liter twin-turbo V-6 generates 400 horsepower, enough to propel the truck to 60 miles per hour in under 5.4 seconds.

The F-150 is also the only full-size light-duty truck on the market to offer hybrid power. The powertrain comes paired with a twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6, and is complemented by an onboard generator that provides enough electricity to power the entire truck when the battery is low.

The F-150 Hybrid also uses a 10-speed automatic transmission to get the job done. The standard audio system is good enough, but the optional 12-inch touchscreen infotainment system may be worth the extra cost. The Ford F-150 hybrid also has a number of safety features. These include a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, and rear parking sensors with park assist.

The 3.5-liter V-6 is a slugger, and the F-150 Hybrid does a respectable job of filtering its engine's output into the cabin. The cabin itself also gets a nice swath of leather and cloth materials. There are also a number of gizmos on board, including an adaptive suspension, a trailer tow package, and a blind spot warning system with trailer coverage. The F-150 Hybrid is also capable of pulling a respectable 12,700 pounds, which makes it a strong contender for the top spot in the towing department.

The Ford F-150 Hybrid is also a great family hauler. Its cabin is spacious, with enough room for a growing family. The F-150 Hybrid also boasts the most fuel-efficient full-size pickup truck in its class. Its city rating is 9.8 L/100 km.

The F-150 Hybrid's best features include the SYNC 4 system, which provides an extensive suite of connectivity options. These include a 12-inch touchscreen infotainment system, wireless phone charging, voice-activated navigation, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone mirroring. It also has a number of driving modes, including four-wheel drive, electric, and a fuel-saving hybrid mode.

Reliability

Among the hordes of new and used trucks and SUVs on the market, Ford's F-150 holds a special place in the hearts of a select few. In fact, the F-150 has earned the distinction of being America's best selling pickup. With the advent of the hybrid variant, the F-150 juggernaut is now even better suited for the ever expanding American lifestyle. Besides, a hybrid enables you to get more mileage out of your gasoline, a feat that's even more crucial in the gasp ridden, post-recession American economy. Moreover, the hybrid variant is well-suited for towing duties.

Despite being a Ford product, it's no surprise that there are a few kinks in the F-150's kilowatt hour battery pack. For starters, the aforementioned battery pack is not rated for a true-to-life rating; rather, the F-150's hybrid variant is rated at a ludicrous 2500 miles of total range, a feat that's not likely to be repeated for long. On the flipside, the F-150's hybrid variant carries a hefty price tag. The good news is that the price tag is no longer a prohibitive barrier to entry. To get the best deal on a new Ford F-150, a test drive is your best bet, assuming of course that you can drive the test vehicle home! Fortunately, Ford's dealer network has a plethora of Ford dealers located in major cities across the country. Hence, if you're looking for a new or used Ford, be sure to do your homework before deciding on a purchase. If you're still not sure which F-150 to choose, check out the new Ford dealer locator tool on the dealer's website for a no-obligation quote. Lastly, be sure to ask your dealer about the vehicle's various available features.

Lariat trim

Depending on your budget and driving needs, you can choose between three major trim levels for the Ford F-150 Hybrid. Each trim has its own unique characteristics, and it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you.

If you're looking for a more luxurious trim, you'll want to consider the Ford F-150 Lariat. It features leather seats, a heated steering wheel, and dual-zone automatic climate control. It also has upgraded blind-spot monitoring and trailer tow coverage. Other high-tech features include push-button start, a power-folding tailgate, and LED headlamps. It also comes standard with a 2.7L EcoBoost engine.

You can also choose the Ford F-150 King Ranch, which comes with a 5.0L V8 engine and adaptive cruise control. This trim is also available with an EcoBoost V6, as well as a diesel engine.

Other upgrades include a 12-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and a subscription-based Wi-Fi hotspot. The touchscreen also works with Ford SYNC 3. You can also choose between a SuperCab (extended cab) or regular cab.

The Ford F-150 Hybrid offers an impressive 20% improvement in fuel economy compared to regular gasoline models. It can also be ordered with a four-wheel drive system, as well as rear-wheel drive. In addition, the battery can be charged through frequent braking. The Ford F-150 Hybrid offers a city rating of 9.8 L/100 km.

The Ford F-150 Hybrid has a fuel-saving hybrid system, which means it relies on its gas engine for acceleration, but cruises on electrons for short trips. The hybrid's battery is a 1.5-kWh lithium-ion pack. It can be charged through a wireless charging pad.

The Ford F-150 Hybrid can be configured with rear-wheel drive, as well as four-wheel drive. It can also be ordered with a 10-speed transmission. You can also choose between a regular cab, SuperCab, or SuperCrew body style. The Ford F-150 Hybrid is priced at $63,900. Compared to the Toyota Prius, which has a 1.3-kWh battery, the F-150 Hybrid offers better gas mileage.

While the Ford F-150 Hybrid's fuel economy is impressive, it's not as impressive as the hybrid systems found in some other full-size trucks. The gas-electric components can also be expensive. They can cost anywhere from $2,200 more in the lineup to $63,900.