Family, Friends, Food, What More Could An Overworked And Underpaid College Student Want
Life Stages

I'll bring the sweatpants. You bring the pie.

93
https://unsplash.com/photos/XQ5QWR8eZ5I

Let's not kid ourselves. We are that point in the semester where the papers are piling up, professors have lost all regard for our sanity and need for sleep, and life has become this big, scrunched up ball of stress. So, what do we need?

All of the food.

The stuff that your average college student deals with on a regular basis is actually laughable. A lot of us have part-time or full-time jobs and those jobs. For the most part, are in retail where the bosses firmly believe you don't have a life outside of your job and because you are a college student, you're replaceable so you have to plaster a super fake smile on your face, and just take the ridiculously small paychecks, rude encounters with customers, and the unneeded stress that comes with the job.

When you think about it, Thanksgiving is actually perfectly timed. It's towards the end of the semester and right before the stress of the holidays. Right before finals, college students get to indulge in huge vats of mac and cheese and all of the carbs. Granted, you do have to brave the awkward family questions about the direction of your life and whether or not you're seeing someone. Think about the stuffing and the mashed potatoes to get you through it. It'll make it worth it.

Thanksgiving is like the timeout where we, college students, gather strength through carb-loading and much-needed sleep to power through the end of the semester. Don't get us wrong. Seeing our family again and our friends is amazing. We just got distracted by the food and the comfy bed.

The past three months have been filled with ridiculous assignments, numerous deadlines, and for a lot of us, a job on top of all of this. We push through the long weeks caffeinated and determined. We are complete bosses at juggling our social life and workload. Well, for the most part. This is a pep talk so bear with me.

We handle all of this stress and tension and you know what the perfect reward is? Gravy. Lots and lots of gravy.

So, college students. Enjoy your Thanksgiving feast because babe, you one hundred percent deserve it. And to all of our lovely family members, if you see our eyes start to get that vacant sheen or any sign of emotional turmoil, pass the biscuits and the mac and cheese. We love in advance for it.