Five Things To Be Thankful For Right Now

Thankful for things that can't be seen.

12
blogspot.com

As we go though life at nearly 100 miles per hour all the time, it is hard to stop and just be thankful for the brain that we use to think and the hands that we use to create. I struggled mightily to come up with a topic for this week's article. Then, while resting in bed, I thought to myself just how grateful I am to have the opportunity to be able to write.

1. Use of my brain.

Even though I complain about almost every test, quiz, paper, or small assignment given, I am happy that I am able to fill my brain with such powerful information. It is a powerful machine too. It wakes us up, keeps us breathing, and makes sure we don't make too many bad decisions. It stores and remembers all the information we want, sometimes even too much.

2. Use of my legs.

No matter how many times we complain about the hill up to Hollenbeck or it's brutal stairs, I know that we are thankful that we are able go up them. Even when we have a workout that makes our legs feel like jelly, I know we are happy to have the chance to improve our bodies.

3. Ability to taste.

Yes, food at any college is not the best. And dorm food is really just a hold-over until the next time the dining room is open. But I know that every student is happy to have food in front of them and to have a sit-down meal with friends. What was available yesterday may be bland, but at least we are able to taste it and swallow it and keep it down.

4. Ability to pick out my clothes.

I don't know about you, but I know that I love to online shop. Sometimes my closet gets a little too full and that is when I know I need to give some stuff away. I am happy to have so many clothes and so many that I love to wear which make me feel good. Unfortunately some women around the world don't have this luxury.

5. Ability to feel.

Emotions can hurt, moments can hurt, and bruises can hurt. Even though these feelings hurt, the positive feelings and events far outweigh these. What is life without the ability to feel? Scary. Scary because life would just be pointless without feelings. So, when we want nothing more than to turn our feelings off, let us be thankful that we are able to feel the good and the bad.

Just a little reflection of what life is all about.