"Fangirls," And "Sports Fanatics," React In Similar Ways To Different Passions.

Fangirls And Sports Fanatics Are One In The Same

Whether either side would like to admit it or not, it's true.

25
https://www.pexels.com/photo/people-silhouette-during-sunset-853168/

There are many things that people can be passionate about. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference and interest. Anything can be a passion if someone tries hard enough.

Some people tend to gravitate towards philosophy, or science, or even the arts. Two of the most popular passions among people nowadays are media (including books, movies, television shows, and music), and just sports in general.

Both "fangirls," and "sports fanatics" are passionate about their respective interests. Members of both groups embrace what they love, and may or may not be judged by outsiders, and each other. These two groups may clash and dislike one another, but what they fail to realize is that in reality, they are one and the same.

The term "fangirl," refers to those who are passionate about books, movies, television, and music. "Fangirl" arises from the fact that most fans of media who express the most emotion tend to be female, and tend to be passionate about these topics.

The term "sports fanatic" refers to those who are passionate about a given sport, or multiple sports. This term may not have a negative connotation like "fangirl," does, but that is because "sports fanatics," tend to consist of mainly men and men simply do not show as much emotion.

The questions still remain: How are "fangirls and "sports fanatics" anything alike? How does this make any sense?

Despite having stark differences in what their passions are, there are many similarities between "fangirls," and "sports fanatics." For instance, both groups enjoy something and find it entertaining. In addition, both groups show emotion, whether it be at an event in person, or across a screen, or even on paper.

Regardless of whether someone enjoys sports, books, movies, or TV shows, they serve as escapes from reality. Whether it's heading to a game or sitting down to binge watch Netflix, read a book, or attend a concert, we all just want a little free time to watch what we love and get away from our everyday lives.

Also, both groups have huge communities within them of people with the same passions. This is especially great for the formation of friendships, and for the strengthening of those very passions.

"Fangirls," and "sports fanatics," react in similar ways to different passions. They show how passionate they are in the same ways, just about different entities. In the end, they are in fact very, similar if not one and the same.

Personally, I have found that I would be considered both a "fangirl," and a "sports fanatic," despite the tension between the groups. I am passionate about specific characters in books and music and I do make sure I see my favorite bands whenever they are on tour. Yet, at the same time, I follow baseball intently, and other sports more casually, and I attend many sporting events.

In the end, we are all just passionate about something that evokes a certain feeling inside of us. Deep down, we are all just weird, crazy, and passionate people, and that is all that should matter.